If you aren’t using the official Twitter client for Android, chances are you use one of only a few other worthwhile alternatives. One such is Seesmic, which today has updated to version 1.6 in the Android Market. The latest update does more to make Seesmic a total social networking solution rather than a mere Twitter app with the introduction of full Facebook support. Now you can update your status, view your feed, comment and like posts, as well as access Facebook Pages and more.
“Seesmic for Android now with full Facebook Support, Twitlonger and More!
Seesmic for Android is one of our most popular applications, and for good reason. Now, we’re giving you even more reason to try Seesmic for Android with our latest update. Here’s a quick video on what we’ve added to the app, with more after the jump.
In version 1.6 of Seesmic for Android, you’ll see the following new features:
- Complete Facebook support with Facebook pages – Add your Facebook account, view updates, comment, like, post to your accounts as well as to all the Facebook pages you’re an admin of
- Support of TwitLonger – if you post tweets that are longer than 140 characters, we’ve got your back with the new Twitlonger integration
- More Widgets – Our popular widgets are now available for all services, including Facebook, Twitter, Chatter and Google Buzz
- Inline comments – For Chatter and Google Buzz, you can now view comments inline when you tap on an update
- Retweeted By – See the list of people that retweeted a tweet
- No Lost Tweets – Ability to load missing tweets by tapping inside the gap within your timeline
- Goo.gl URL Shortener – Shorten your links with one of the hottest new shortners”